Monday, April 20, 2015

Poll Results!

Not that I expect a whole slew of people to be reading this blog, but it was good to see almost a dozen poll votes. Glad I have reached at least a few readers. That being said, for those of you who voted, post up what you do with your gym time! And if you were one of the few who didn't go, do you have plans to? Why don't you go?

And on an aside, I did get at least some interest in my goings on at the gym. Needless to say, I can't find my 1RM (1-rep max), because I often go alone and thus don't have a spotter, meaning I won't risk it if I can't do it safely (and no one should, for that matter!). With that caveat aside, here is where I stand on the top end of my lifts:

Squat (top of pyramid; 6 reps) - 325lbs.
Deadlift (top of pyramid; 4 reps) - 415lbs.
Bench (top of pyramid; 8 reps) - 225lbs.

The bench is where I am suffering, but mostly because of all the lifts I do, it feels the most dangerous to push hard. I tend to really hit my chest hard and I am sure with adequate spotting I could do more.

One last bit for you gym rats - if you haven't discovered the lovely pain of Rest-Pause, check it out! I did it recently and my-oh-my did it kick my rear. Really leaves me sore, where little else seems to.

No comments:

Post a Comment