Thursday, February 5, 2015

So, about that "reward"...

Ogre Cloth Coloration
For the sake of honesty, I figured I would share the end-result of my Saturday "reward day". For breakfast, I ate a wonderful bowl of memories... I mean, French Toast Crunch. Later, I had bubble tea and some food from the Grand Asia Market (a place I love!), followed by a whole slew of import candy I was worried I wouldn't be able to get anymore thanks to the Hershey import thing that cropped up recently.

Seemed like a great idea, but I forgot just how dumb my body is. Needless to say, I have spent the duration of this week trying to burn off the nearly five pounds my weight fluctuated to on Sunday. Holy crap! I wish I was kidding. Of course, when you weigh as much as me, you get used to big swings, but this? At the end of a solid week of loss, it was a staggering realization.

Hopefully, tomorrow when I hop on the scale I will have succeeded in undoing the damage. That being said, no more "reward days" - going to do just one meal and even that won't break my "no sugar" rule. My body just can't handle it.

Blood Angels commission!
And on a hobby-related note, one of my last hurdles has been overcome. I am now waiting on a delivery from Dicehead Games that has my seventy 32mm bases for my Carcharodons, along with some Vallejo Game Air paints to try out that happen to be my Ogre flesh colors. Very, very excited!

Speaking of the Ogres, see that red-to-black gradient? That is totally what I am thinking for my Ogre's pants and banners, etc. The boots and other leather goods would be black, while the metals would be mostly rusty iron, with a smattering of patina bronze in there because it looks so good.

Anyhow, I am very excited to start getting things going for my own armies. Of course, that all will have to hold up until I complete the Blood Angel commission I am working on! Keep an eye on my Instagram for work-in-progress shots as they get posted, but I will be sure to put them on here throughout, as well.


2 comments:

  1. DUDE I AM SO HAPPY YOU EXIST
    I'm 18 and have been gyming for about 1.5 years now and have been wargaming for about 2. I love both of them. But sadly there are so few people who share the same viewpoint.
    Currently I am 12% bf, cutting to 10% and then I am going to start a lean mass phase for about a year until april 2016 and really progress on my physique and big 3 lifts.

    Currently I am at (1RM weights)
    Dead: 255
    Squat: 185
    Bench: 165

    for 5"7 and 144 pounds.

    What are your stats? And got any advice for staying motivated while surrounded by people who dont lift? (wargamers hint hint) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa man! 12%? That is outstanding. I haven't done any official measuring, but I know I am at least 30% or so, because years of Wendy's and laziness take their toll. I have been going to my gym for about a year, but being an Endomorph, it isn't hard for me to get into the lifting rhythm.

    I don't have a spotter or anything, so I can't really max out. But I do know what I lift for my final set when I pyramid.

    Dead: 315lbs
    Squats: ...no idea. I don't really do these. I know, I know...
    Bench: 225lbs

    I am 6" and 312lbs. I did easily a decade of total inactivity and very poor eating, so it is going to take me easily 3-5 years to undo some of the damage. You are young, which is great! You can stick to it.

    Motivation? Honestly, I am 30, so for me it is health. I had a fellow gamer die due to obesity-related complications, along with a few folks I know becoming diabetic. I don't want to go down that road myself!

    And honestly, don't feel like you can't talk to your gamer buds about lifting. Get them interested, even if they just show up and walk on the treadmill, or better, get them lifting with you!

    Maybe I will work on a gaming/fitness "campaign" for my next post! That might be a good motivator for some!

    ReplyDelete